Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Visualize calm






"Visualize calm. We all carry memories of more tranquil times: a beach getaway where you took lazy naps on the soft sand, an aromatherapy massage you got on your birthday. Recall how you felt in those peaceful settings, and your body will naturally relax."

Peter Lappin
"Tuning Out the Chaos"
Guideposts Online - August 2008

Peaceful settings. I like this idea of visualizing peaceful settings to help your body relax. Spending time on the Oregon Coast there is a plethora of peaceful sights and sounds surrounding us at all times.

My photo's today shows something I had never seen before at the beach. A Dungeness crab burying itself in the sand. Al informed me that it was common. Never seeing this sight before, I had no idea that they could be buried in the sand under my feet. Awesome what the creatures of the sea can do. It is possible to imagine that a blanket of sand could be a safe haven of calm, a peaceful retreat, when a crab feels threatened by humans.

Photo: Dungeness Crab burying itself in the sand on Lighthouse Beach - 9/17/08

5 comments:

BK said...

Wow, that little guy IS relaxed, although it's interesting to read about your beach experiences.
I am usually moving on the beach, peaceful, but in motion.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people need to view this with all of the hectic stuff going on in the world today.

Anonymous said...

How cool! I've heard of this, but had never seen it either. Thanks for this amazing share!

GirlGriot said...

Oh, I'm sooo glad you explained! It really looked as if he was being sucked into the sand, not that he was making it happen. Fascinating. It's so lovely to be able to make the time -- and to give yourself the time -- to be still and watch something like this.

Katie said...

I found your blog through a link on Ali's blog.

I believe it was a God send. I have been praying daily for: Peace in my heart, calm in my spirit..

Your blog was just what The Doctor ordered!