Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Peace - the Power of Love


"There shall not be peace
until the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Latrine Wall
Pleiku Vietnam Veterns 1968
David Dewett Veterns Memorial - North Bend, Oregon
http://www.pointman101.org/Dave.Dewett.Memorial.htm

Al and I discovered this Vietnam Memorial last year when we stopped to look at who had placed the flags at this beautiful spot as you drive into the North Bend/Coos Bay area. One of the marble stones has the power of love quote by Latrine Wall.

If you would like to support our men and women who are fighting for the freedom to choose the "power of love," you can help send care packages to our troops through through Operation Enduring Freedom. http://www.pointman101.org/Care.Packages.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Earth Friendly Gardening

Liz said...

I remember stopping there once with you Pati. It is a nice spot. Glad you have it near enough to enjoy!