Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Sunrise follows sunset"


"If at any time today the order and harmony
of some aspects of my life seem uncertain,
I clear my mind of all concern.
There is no need to worry.
Just as season follows season,
wave follows wave,
and sunrise follows sunset,
all is well."

Daily Word - 7/6/09


Spending time at our beach place on the Oregon coast intensifies the beauty of the waves following waves and sunrises following sunsets. We see the ocean waves and the sunsets often - when there isn't fog as there is on this summer day. When it is hot inland, the fog hangs on the coastline. We can't even see the ocean this morning, let alone the Lighthouse.

The fog can be a metaphor for the times when our lives seem uncertain, out of order, not in harmony. Even though we can not see the Lighthouse, the ocean, the sunrise or sunset, we know it is still there. In our personal lives, we may feel like we are "in a fog," confused, with no clear vision. I am thankful for my faith, that I believe God is with me and with my family. Guiding me through the fog, through the confusing stages of life, guiding me to a path, though I may not be able to see clear visual markers, is one of the blessings of faith. One step at a time, one day at a time, the fog will lift and the beauty of life will be visible again.


Photo: Lighthouse Beach Sunset 4/18/09

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pati! Yay! I missed you and am glad you've posted. Also, your post has so much meaning for me at the moment...I've been walking around in my own fog. Thanks for the reminder to look to Him!

Hope life is good and you and Al are well.

XOXOXO!

Liz