Monday, February 14, 2011

Appreciation Leads to Peace


Appreciation

"I appreciate the people in my life.

Everyone wants to feel appreciated. We want to know our efforts have been worthwhile, our talents are important, and our views and opinions are valuable.

Have I told the people in my life lately that I appreciate them? Have I thanked them for their love and support, their faith and understanding, their time and effort?

I show my appreciation today by sending the people I care about an encouraging card or e-mail, treating them to a special lunch or a bouquet of flowers, or doing an errand that helps ease the stress in their lives. I make it known that I truly appreciate them. With every gesture of appreciation, I, too, am blessed. Every act of gratitude opens me to greater abundance, love, peace and joy.

"I do not cease to give thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers."--Ephesians 1:16

Daily Word - 4/21/10


Photo: Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Al's Valentine enjoyment

1 comment:

jessica said...

Thank you for teaching me the meaning of LOVE, Mom!